South Africa are the top-ranked side among to the COSAFA nations after the latest FIFA World Rankings were released on Thursday.
The two-year suspension handed to Gambia by the Confederation of African Football (CAF) at the weekend has been an unexpected windfall for COSAFA nation Seychelles.
The COSAFA nations competing in the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers now know their path to the finals tournament after the draw was made for the preliminaries in Cairo on Sunday.
With the deadline passed for entries into the 2014 COSAFA Cup to be staged in Botswana later this year, 13 of the 14 nations who make the up the Southern African football body will be represented at the regional showpiece.
The remaining COSAFA nations will find out their opponents in the qualifiers for the 2015 African Nations Cup when the draw is held in Cairo on Sunday.
Angola have lined up two friendlies late next month as they prepare for the 2015 African nations Cup qualifiers set to start in September.
Defender Demba Sow scored in the first half and Moulaye Ahmed in the second to give Mauritania a 2-0 away win over COSAFA side Mauritius in their African Nations Cup preliminary round tie in Curepipe on Sunday and a 3-0 aggregate victory.
Defending champions Zambia and Mozambique are the latest sides to confirm their participation for the 2014 COSAFA Cup to be held in Botswana from September 13-28.
Seven Southern African countries have already confirmed their participation in the 2014 COSAFA Cup to be held in Botswana between September 13-28.
Mozambique coach Joao Chissano says increased competition for places in the Mambas side will hold the team in good stead as they prepare for the 2015 African Nations Cup qualifiers that will start in May.
- Journey to 2015 African Youth Championships begins
- Zimbabwe travel to SA to take on Banyana Banyana
- COSAFA president Suketu Patel thanks FIFA for support
- Group stages update for remaining Cosafa clubs
- Cosafa Cup 2014 Botswana Press Release 1 - Announcement
- Angola to face Iran in international friendly
- Vera Pauw appointed new coach of SA womens team
- African Champions League Cosafa Teams Update
- Brazil beat SA 5 - 0 in world cup warm up
- Angola referee appointed for SA vs Brazil friendly
- African Champions League Cosafa Teams in action
- Zambia to host Uganda in international friendly
- Angola and Mozambique to meet in international friendly
- Angola name new national team coach
- Swaziland aim for 3 friendlies before 2015 Africa Cup of Nations Qualifiers
- South Africa tackle 2014 FIFA World Cup hosts Brazil on Wednesday 5 March at the FNB Stadium
- Ajax Amsterdam playmaker Thulani Serero recalled to South Africa squad
- Joao de Oliveira signed by SuperSport United
- Peter Butler appointed coach of Botswana
- FIFA Calendar update for Cosafa Teams