COSAFA side South Africa were held to a 0-0 draw by a young and inexperienced New Zealand in Auckland on Friday.
COSAFA side Angola claimed a 2-0 victory over north African giants Morocco in their international friendly played in Faro in Portugal on Wednesday night.
COSAFA will have four representatives in the final round of qualifying for the 2015 African Youth Championships in Senegal next March and are assured of at least one country at the finals.
Angola have recalled defender Silva after a 10-year hiatus and named several newcomers caps in their 25-man squad for two internationals in Europe next week, the Angolan Football federation said.
Mamelodi Sundowns winger Dominguez (Elias Pelembe) has pulled out of Mozambique's squad for their friendly international against Morocco in Portugal on Friday as coach Joao Chissano has had to travel with a weakened squad.
South Africa are one of a number of COSAFA nations hoping to book their place in the next round of qualifiers for the 2015 African Youth Championships to eb staged in Senegal in March.
Most of the COSAFA sides competing in the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers will be pleased with their weekend's work after the first legs of the first round matches were played.
Swaziland have beaten COSAFA rivals Botswana 4-1 in a friendly international played on Sunday.
South Africa, Zambia and Lesotho were the big winners from the COSAFA region in the qualifiers for the 2015 African Youth Championships played at the weekend.
A number of COSAFA countries will be involved in weekend qualifiers for the African Youth Championships to be staged in Senegal next March.
- Various Cosafa Updates - 9 May 2014
- 2 Year suspension handed to Gambia by CAF
- Various Cosafa Updates - 8 May 2014
- Cosafa Cup 2014 Botswana Press Release 4 - Cosafa Cup Entries
- Cosafa sides to find out opponents for 2015 African Nations Cup Qualifiers
- Angola organise friendlies for 2015 African Nations Cup Qualifiers preperations
- Mauritania beat Mauritius 2 - 0
- Cosafa Cup 2014 Botswana Press Release 3 - more confirmations
- Cosafa Cup 2014 Botswana Press Release 2 - Participation Confirmations
- Mozambique looking good with increase in player competition
- Journey to 2015 African Youth Championships begins
- Zimbabwe travel to SA to take on Banyana Banyana
- COSAFA president Suketu Patel thanks FIFA for support
- Group stages update for remaining Cosafa clubs
- Cosafa Cup 2014 Botswana Press Release 1 - Announcement
- Angola to face Iran in international friendly
- Vera Pauw appointed new coach of SA womens team
- African Champions League Cosafa Teams Update
- Brazil beat SA 5 - 0 in world cup warm up
- Angola referee appointed for SA vs Brazil friendly